30 November, 2009

My To Do List, Part I

Well, I am back in Ithaca from my Thanksgiving break. It was too short, and I don't quite see the point of having such a long break, only to come back to school for two weeks. Oh well.

To keep myself sane, I am taking extreme measures. I spent a full half hour today on Google Earth, virtually wandering up and down the street that the London Center is located on. I've a small countdown widget on my computer's dashboard, and a physical one on my dry-erase board that I use as a to-do list.

So in the spirit of to-do lists (for I am a huge fan of making lists), I present my London To Do List. Not a list of things to do before going to London, but some goals I hope to achieve whilst there. The list will undoubtedly grow huger and huger as my departure date grows nearer, and probably will continue growing even after I am there, so stay tuned. And let me know if there is anything in particular you think I should be doing when I am there. I'll add it to the list. I'm pretty open to any options.


EMILY'S LONDON TO DO LIST, PART I
  1. Find Hogwarts. Yes, I'm serious.
  2. Eat fish and chips. Like, real ones.
  3. Ride in a double decker bus.
  4. Perfect my British accent to the point where I can fool the locals.
  5. Adapt British slang into my everyday language without feeling like an idiot.
  6. Meet at least one member of the cast of Harry Potter. Stalking is optional.
  7. Explore.
  8. Fit in well enough to not feel like a tourist, even when doing tourist-y things.
That's all I've got so far. More to come soon. Til then, I've got a project to work on and lines to memorize. Also, I'm listening to Glee, which is always distracting. I couldn't possibly work anymore on my list while listening to Lea Michele sing Defying Gravity.

Ta, my dears.

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment