30 April, 2010

Two weeks left in London... :(

Well, I accidentally had my last day at Discovered Authors. I was supposed to go in this Monday, but it's a bank holiday, which I didn't know til just the other day. So I've had my last day as an official publishing intern, which is horrendously sad. I'm going to pop in sometime next week to say official goodbyes to everyone, and of course I will still be working for them over the summer via email, which is very exciting, but I'm so sad that I'm done and didn't even know it!

As for right now, I'm waiting for Ranu, one of my friends from Ithaca and one of my future roommates next year at our house, The Bronze. She's flying into London tonight, in fact her flight probably landed about ten minutes ago, and she's staying with me for a few days in London. It will be wonderful to see her again, and I am anxiously awaiting her phone call to tell me she is here.

Final exams are looming above us now, but I don't actually have exams. I have three papers. Meh. So that's on the agenda for the next week...

I think I would like some ice cream.

33 comments:

  1. 很棒的分享~~~來留個言囉~~~~.................................................................                           

    ReplyDelete
  2. 教育的目的,不在應該思考什麼,而是教吾人怎樣思考............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy often comes after sorrow, like morning after night.. . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. 感謝大大的無私分享 讓小弟獲益良多 終於知道網上還有這麼多的好東西≧▽≦"
    ............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  5. 成功多屬於那些很快做出決定,卻又不輕易變更的人。而失敗也經常屬於那些很難做出決定,卻又經常變更的人.................................................... ............

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Emily, I hope this post finds you and finds you well. I hope that you remember me - I'm Claire Kinton and I submitted my book DEAD GAME to Discovered Authors now Callio Press. Well I've self published DEAD GAME it's out 16 Oct - scary. My solo marketing campagine is underway and I've created a website www.clairekinton.com - I was wanting to request your permission to use a quote you wrote in your critique of DEAD GAME. If you go to the website under reviews you'll see which one. I know you enjoyed DEAD GAME and I know you saw the importance of it's messages getting out there to the world - so if there's by any chance you know of anyone who'd be interest in reading it could you let them know about me. No problem if your too busy - I'll understand. I really do think the US of A would take to DEAD GAME. £1 from each book sold will be going to 'Help for Hero's' fighting in Afganistan. Thanks for anything you can do - Best wishes Claire Kinton Author of DEAD GAME

    ReplyDelete